Private &/or Family Duo 30 min. lessons
Weekly lessons are held year round
Ages 9-Adult - Beginners Welcome!
NBAPS - North Branch, MN, USA
CCS - Cambridge, MN, USA
‘Mobile’ MN (your location)
Fun Options for Family & Friends
Duo Lessons: Parent/child, Grandparent/grandchild or siblings... Take a 30 min duo lesson on the same kind of instrument (example: mandolin).
Private Lessons: Take 30 min. private lessons back to back with a friend or family member (example: 1 mandolin & 1 guitar) and spend part of the time jamming together!
Learn a fun mix of music to play on the
“Introducing the Mandolin!”
• The Mandolin is tuned the same as a violin, however it is played with a pick rather than a bow.
• The Mandolin has 8 strings - 2 of each (EE, AA, DD, GG) and they are played as pairs, which gives the notes a bell-like quality.
• The Mandolin has frets (like a guitar – which makes it easy to find the notes) whereas the violin/fiddle fingerboard is fretless.
• The Mandolin can be played as a rhythm instrument with chords - like the guitar or ukulele, however the chord shapes/finger placement is different on each instrument.
• For students who want to learn to play the violin/fiddle but would like to get familiar with the notes first – the mandolin is a great place to start!
• Fiddle music and Classical Violin music can be played on the Mandolin.
Q: “I really want to learn how to play the Violin/Fiddle,
but should I learn an easier instrument first?”
1:41 sec. video includes Mandolin & Fiddle music demos
Q: “What do students learn beyond playing songs?”
A: “In order to learn to play the Mandolin like a pro (achieve great sound), there are a number of skills that are focused on during lessons: